If one of our priests/deacons is presiding at the wedding:
- Meet with the presider to go over the A-form to ensure freedom to marry in the Catholic Church.
- Submit a clear letter from your own priest/deacon/church saying you have completed marriage preparation, which must include an AOD-approved marriage seminar and some type of compatibility assessment portion, or:
- Attend an AOD-approved marriage seminar and show us the certificate of proof. We recommend one of our own Marriage Workshop Days, the marriage prep course at St. Anastasia in Troy, or one of the other options listed on this brochure: AOD Marriage Prep Opportunities.
- To learn more about the Cathedral’s next Marriage Workshop Day, please connect with our wedding coordinator.
- Complete the PREPARE/ENRICH assessment and meet with a counselor to go over the results. Important details about that are here: PREPARE-ENRICH
If your own priest or deacon is presiding at the wedding:
- Turn in the completed A-form or a copy of the completed A-form.
- Submit a signed letter from your priest/deacon saying you have completed marriage preparation with his oversight. If he so desires, you may use our Marriage Workshop Day as part of that preparation.