Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. It’s an open, informal, and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. Each session has an introduction, a brief video, and a chance to discuss in an online or in-person small group.
Alpha is specifically most meant for those who are in some way new to or curious about faith, or for those who are intentionally accompanying such folks. The cathedral has offered the Alpha series for several years, and now wishes to encourage others to run Alpha groups from home, a local restaurant or community center, or the parish. If you’re interested, please contact Marian, who will be glad to guide you. Thanks!
Here are some of the comments from our recent Alpha sessions:
- I’m glad to see the Catholic Church embrace this type of program. We really need to encourage more people to take this course–it definitely will bring more excitement into peoples’ Christian walk.
- I was moved weekly in Spirit by participating in this group.
- Alpha helps anyone at any part in their spiritual, religious journey learn more about God, Christianity, the Bible, themselves, and their relationship with God. Even as someone born and raised Catholic that attended Catholic schools for 1st-12th grade, I found it extremely enlightening and loving.
- I technically didn’t learn anything too new. But I did learn to look at everything I thought I knew from a different perspective, and discovered that I’d been wrong about a lot of things my whole life … which is one of the most valuable things I’ve ever realized.
- I really enjoyed the sessions especially my small group; I feel like I was able to connect with the people in my group on a personal level.
- I saw God working in the love and the community that was built between our small group.
- I saw my growth in knowledge and love of our Lord. Always there, always waiting patiently for us to come to him.