Starting February 13, 2023, a book discussion group will meet at 7:00 PM in Room B on the second Monday of each month – usually for one to two hours.
The first book: How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization by Thomas E. Woods
Did You Know? Beyond its charitable work, the Church played a central role in the following:
- Preserving knowledge of the ancient world
- Promoting literacy, technology, economics, astronomy, and biology
- Creating the first universities and great art, music, and architecture
- Establishing international law and trials based on reason
- Establishing the sacredness of human life and unique value of each person
For the February 13 meeting, please read the first two chapters. A summary of topics covered will be provided each month so that even if you miss out on your reading, you can still participate.
Bring yourself and a friend! Discover what you didn’t learn in school!
Facilitator: Larry Ludlow