- This event has passed.
Alpha at the Cathedral
September 9, 2019 | 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Good news! Registration for Fall 2019 is available at the bottom of this page.
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Typically run over eleven weeks, each session looks at a different question that people can have about faith and is designed to create conversation. It’s just an open, informal and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. You can learn all about Alpha at this site.
Here at the Cathedral, we run Alpha from September through December. We will begin on September 9 at 6:30 PM. We are open to the idea of expansion if parishioners step up to lead – especially in their own homes or coffee shops, but also at Blessed Sacrament.
Please keep talking about Alpha and inviting people to attend. The calendar for Alpha (and RCIA) is here: 2019-2020 Alpha Schedule Please note that it is subject to slight change.
Here are some of the comments from our recent Alpha sessions:
- I really enjoyed Alpha and will encourage others to try it.
- It is amazing to connect and see such beauty in the hearts and lives of others.
- It helped me to remember I matter.
- I saw a lot of growth in our group and myself; it was one of the best programs I ever attended.
- Unparalled perspective and conversation.
- I learned how to have better non-confrontational conversations about my faith.
- I watched others as well as myself discover a deeper more meaningful relationship with God.
- I will try to get more young adults (especially family members) to the next sessions.
- I gained a better understanding of who God is and how to make my relationship with God more personal to me.
- I gained a true understanding of my love and desire to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- I will talk about how wonderful each session was.
- The transformation of people who seem so lost is powerful. It was a reaffirmation that the Holy Spirit is … amazing.
- I liked it so much.
- He allowed me to share with others, to be patient with others, and to see the light in others.
- I felt as if God met me at Alpha each week. I left each week with a longing for more. Great content, no pressure, safe space to explore faith. I’m so grateful my sister invited me. I can’t wait for the next sessions so that I can bring people to check it out. It is a catalyst to know and experience God and His love in its fullness.
- Changing lives, touching hearts.
- Alpha seems to bring people together who otherwise would not have met.
Our Alpha programming is made possible in part by a grant from the Catholic Foundation of Michigan.